OTTAWA, Sept. 29, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) —
When: 12:00 p.m. on Tuesday, October 4e2022
Where: The march will start at the Supreme Court of Canada (301 Wellington Street, Ottawa, ON K1A 0J1) and end on Parliament Hill with speeches.
What: The Association of Families of the Victims of Flight PS752 (the Association) will celebrate the thousandth day since the crash of Flight PS752 with a march and rally in Ottawa. The event will underscore the need to hold the Iranian regime accountable for the downing of Flight PS752 and reinforce the Association’s ongoing demands for truth and justice.
Media are invited to join the event for photo and interview opportunities.
One thousand days after the tragic accident of Flight PS752, the Association of Families of the Victims of Flight PS752 continues to fight for truth and justice. The Association specifically calls on the Canadian government to take concrete action as follows:
- Report the case of Flight PS752 to the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO)
- Designating the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC) as a terrorist organization
- Call on Global Affairs Canada to simultaneously impose Magnitsky sanctions on senior members of the IRGC and the Iranian regime
- Ask the RCMP to open a national criminal investigation into the PS752 case
- Write a letter of support for the Association’s recent submission under Article 15 to the International Criminal Court
The Association also stands with the people of Iran against the Iranian regime for its continued atrocities against women and civilians. Your presence in solidarity with all those who demand justice would be appreciated.
For more information contact: